Monday, April 4, 2011

Marietta.

We are really enjoying our new city. We knew living outside of Atlanta was going to be different than living in the heart of Buckhead, as we did before. But, really its not so different (other than BJ's commute to work). We have absolutely everything we could possibly ever want/need within just a few miles. And we are close enough to enjoy all the benefits that Atlanta has to offer, without all the traffic. Since I am not working right now, I am really trying to get to know the area. Cobb County has approximately 700,000 residents and Marietta is the county seat. Marietta is a charming/quaint southern city with a lot of history. Kaitlin and I took her dad down to Marietta Square Saturday and Sunday. Marietta Square is a park (Glover Park) in the center of the city surrounded by restaurants and boutique shops. Every Saturday morning there is a Farmer's Market, so we headed there after the gym. Here is an iphone pic of BJ and Kaitlin (I was rushed out the door and forgot my camera):
Sunday we took Maddie and Kaitlin to East Cobb Park. Growing up right across from a park, I have always loved parks. Fortunately, we have MANY to choose from close by. But, East Cobb park is really pretty and seems the most kid friendly. Everyone was out enjoying this beautiful day. Watching some kids kick around a soccer ball. Reminds me of Ritter Park with the creek.




After the park, we decided to head back down to Marietta Square for some outdoor lunch and drinks. It was a great day!


Margaritas and live music...sounds like a great day to me.

After lunch, we walked across the street to Glover park for some photos.

I am so excited for Spring and Summer. There is so much I want to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment