Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Water Baby.

As I have mentioned previously, Kaitlin loves the water and she has been in the pool all summer. We have been teaching her to float. Amazingly babies instinctively know how to do this and we think it is really important to get her used to the water. On the 4th of July, she went under water for the first time! Phil and Sue Stevens (proud parents of 4) taught us how to do this and we decided to give it a try. You blow on the baby's face, while holding her head upright, then you both dip down. Blowing on her face causes her to reactively hold her breath. I was scared to death of course, so BJ had to do it. She did great! Her eyes became huge and she only let out a small cry. It was definitely harder on me than it was her! I'm waiting on my dad to send me a picture of her right after they came back up! I'll be sure to post it!





No comments:

Post a Comment