Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year. New Beginnings.

My loves.
My heart.

Another year over...the year of Kaitlin's birth. The best year I could ever imagine. Although it is sad to see it end, I am also hopeful and optimistic about our future. BJ and I have been through so much and at times it feels like I am going to fall apart. I am stressed out 99% of the time and I get frustrated and depressed over how hard my life is right now. I recently experienced a very eye opening event. Kaitlin and I were in a very serious car accident this past week, and I can honestly say that it was God's will that we live through it. I have replayed it in my head over and over again and the only conclusion I have is that God was watching over us and it was not our time. It was the most terrifying experience I have ever had and I am sure to have nightmares for awhile. But, I am so beyond grateful and thankful. As I saw my life flash before my eyes, all I could think about was my precious girl in the back seat. Oh my, I can't even talk about it. I don't want to be too dramatic, but the only reason I can think that this happened to us and we survived it is because God was trying to open my opens and make me realize what is truly important in life. Had I not been running 10 minutes late, this would never have happened. So, I learned an important lesson a very hard way. I need to live life to the fullest, appreciate all the wonderful people and gifts I have been blessed with. And at the end of the day, realize that all that really matters is how you treat the people you love and who love you back. And finally, families belong together...not separated by hundreds of miles.

So here is to a happy and healthy 2011, filled with love, laughter, and new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment