Saturday, May 8, 2010

6 Weeks...back to work.




6 weeks went by WAY too fast. The first few weeks were such a blurr due to lack of sleep and pain killers. I technically should have stayed off work for a couple more weeks, but I was getting some pressure from my job to get back. So even though I physically (and certainly emotionally) was not ready, I went back. It was honestly the hardest thing I have ever done. I felt like I was sending her off to college. I cried and cried and cried.... But it is getting easier. I miss her so much, but it only makes the time I get to spend with her all the more special. We are lucky because we have family to watch her. I could not imagine her in day care at this young age or a stranger keeping her. Thankfully, our mom's are sharing the babysitting. And of course they are loving every minute of it! They might not feel the same when they have to start chasing her around!


Kaitlin is growing like a weed!!! I put her newborn clothes away around week 5 and it was so sad. But I am loving watching her grow into her own little person. At week 6 she really started smiling a lot and cooing. She loves taking baths and looking in the mirror. I am still breast-feeding which has become more difficult since going back to work, but I am going to keep doing it as long as I can. We supplement with formula while I'm at work and at first she HATED it, but has no problem now.

No comments:

Post a Comment